Friday, September 16, 2016

Peer Review: Evelyn Walford

You did a good job of explaining what yellow journalism was, but I think this post could have been more effective if you went more in depth with either Gutenberg's press or gave more details and examples of yellow journalism, instead of tying the two together into one post.I also think it might be better for the readability of the article if you finished your thoughts on yellow journalism and then covered the content of Mr. Miller's lecture. You described the evolution of yellow journalism quite well, covering modern tabloid journalism and it's purpose as a purely entertaining, ultra populist media platform. You made good use of out of the ordinary vocabulary such as titillating and sensationalism. I would only change the formatting of this article but the content was well written and articulate, tying in modern popular culture, and class lecture topics such as Gutenberg's printing press.

No comments:

Post a Comment